- To access all sectors of the work place for the purpose of carrying out the job responsibilities.
- To report any problems within the workplace which could affect the health and safety of the personnel as well as the quality of products?
Duties & Responsibilities
- Being responsible for the Goods Receiving, Pre-Weighing and Production and processes.
- Managing the production process, drawing up a production schedule according to Demand planning requirements and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Ensuring that the production is running in an efficient and cost effective way.
- Making sure that products are manufactured on time and that they are complying with the specification.
- Daily report supplied in agreed format to the Operations Director and SCM with regards to the production related issues – tonnage produced; yield achieved, etc.
- Monthly report supplied in agreed format to the Supply Chain Frankfurt, MD, OD and SCM.
- Waste water reduction in quantity and a contamination level.
- Managing and motivating a team of workers in all Departments under the Plant Manager’s control.
- To have an understanding of OH&S Act.
- Human resource development where the mentorship process takes place and where necessary, reinforced with the relevant training programmes.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. Planning, Purchasing, Quality Control and Warehousing and Distribution.
- Continuously monitoring the yields and applying the appropriate actions to achieve their improvements.
- Ensuring that the SOP’s and WI relating to the ISO TS 16949 and ISO 14001 systems are always adhered to.
- Ensuring that a very high standard of housekeeping and the 5 S philosophy is maintained.
- Conduct performance appraisals/reviews as per the Company’s requirement and schedule.
- Ensure that the training needs of the employees working in the Departments under Plant Manager’s responsibility are identified according to the Company’s policies and procedures, the training is completed and its efficiency evaluated and properly documented.
- Initiate and be responsible for continuous improvement projects, e.g. first time pass rate, productivity (KPI’s).
- Responsibility for the Industrial Relations issues within the Departments mentioned under (1) in conjunction with HR Manager.
- Ensure legal and statutory guidelines are at all times adhered to.
- Any other reasonable duty requested by the Supply Chain Manager from time to time.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Preferably BSc Chemical Engineering qualification. Supply chain (APICS etc) qualification.
- At least 5 years experience as a production manager/supervisor in the chemical or pharmaceutical industries.
- Solid background in Supply Chain / Manufacturing Excellence.
- Experience in SAP.
- Cross functional business process knowledge.
- People management / team-building skills
Must be a team player, confident, organised and able to work under pressure;
- strong leadership skills
- communication skills
- interpersonal skills
- problem solving skills
- strong Excel and MS Word skills
Package & Remuneration
R80 000 per month